Peanut butter is really popular in my house so it’s on constant supply. The ever popular and well known American PB+J has made this spread available in almost any supermarket or store. But other nut butters exist too!
Almond, Hazelnut, Brazil nut, Pecan to name a few are all available to purchase. Never seen them in the shops before? That’s because they’re usually only found in specialty food and natural food shops. The reason being is cost-the other varieties of nuts are A LOT more expensive in comparison to peanuts.
There’s so many health benefits to nut butters too, it’s certainly worth varying the type you’re eating in order to get the full nutritional value. Nutrition beside the taste of these other nuts is incredible! One of my favourites is hazelnut butter spread over a slice of banana…heaven.
It’s so easy to make as well. So without further adieu here’s the ever so simple base recipe for how to make almost any nut variety into a gorgeous spreadable butter!]
You will need:
pinch of salt
pinch of cinnamon (optional)
How to do it:
1. Toast your nuts over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes. You’ll know they’re ready when they have released their aroma and are a good shade darker than beforfe.
2. Place nuts into a blender and blitz on high for a few minutes.
No oil needed. The natural oils from the nuts will start to release. Of the oil seems to have split from the nuts let the mix cool for a bit then continue to blitz.
3. Once it is smooth and spreadable add in the salt and cinnamon (optional). Now EAT!
The blitzing can take anywhere from 10-15 minutes total but just make sure you keep to it. If you like your nut butters a little bit more crunchy set aside a few nuts before blitzing and add them in with the salt at the very end until they are evenly distributed in smallish chunks.
100% natural, 100% Vegan, 100% easy! No excuse not to make it…well unless you have a nut allergy in which case just stick to the good old jam for spreading on toast!
Thanks for reading,
- Going Nuts (justaddbroccoli.wordpress.com)
- Cashew & Almond Nut Butter Recipe (rawlivingfoods.typepad.com)
- Pecan Prune Nut Butter (vanilley.wordpress.com)
- Justin’s – Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Blend (10tablespoons.com)
- Peanut Butter & Co. Announces “Cook Amazing! Taste Amazing!” Sweepstakes (prweb.com)